Alabama Crack Repair by “The Crack Guys”
Both exterior and interior cracks can be signs of a more serious underlying structural issue and indicate a need for professional crack repair.
Here are some of the types of cracks that you might see in the exterior areas of your home and the problems that may be causing them:
- Brick or Masonry Cracks
- Horizontal: These cracks are often due to shifting foundations and may be accompanied by bowing or leaning walls.
- Vertical: Cracks that run up and down are a sign of foundation heaving or settlement.
- Stair-step: If the cracks are in a stair-step pattern, they may also be a sign that the foundation is heaving or settling.
- Concrete Cracks
- Foundation footing cracks: Cracks in the foundation (for homeowners with a basement or crawlspace) are a sign of foundation movement or concrete deterioration.
- Slab cracks: If your concrete slab foundation or driveway has cracks in it, it could be a sign of void formation under the slab.
- Porch or stoop cracks: Cracks in the porch or stoop are another sign of foundation movement.
These are some of the kinds of cracks that you may notice inside your home and what they may mean:
- Wall Cracks
- Horizontal: These cracks indicate bowing or leaning due to shifting foundations, often the result of increased soil moisture and higher hydrostatic pressure.
- Vertical: This type of crack may indicate foundation settlement or heaving due to moisture or temperature fluctuations in the soil.
- Diagonal: Angled cracks are another sign of foundation heaving or settlement
- Floor Cracks
- Ceiling Cracks
- Spiderweb: This kind of crack often results from age and may not be serious.
- Vertical: Cracks that run from the ceiling down onto the wall are almost always a sign of a foundation issue.
Call Affordable Foundation and Home Repair if you see any cracks in your home – we are “The Crack Guys!”
Repair Solutions from “The Crack Guys” in Alabama
We offer professional solutions to not only fix the cracks in your home but to prevent them from coming back. If the cracks are not caused by a serious, ongoing foundation issue, they can be filled and sealed in a timely and effective manner by our expert crack repair team.
If there is a foundation or structural issue that is causing the cracks in your Alabama home, we offer a variety of foundation repair options. These solutions will take care of the problem and leave your home stabilized and crack-free. To support foundations that have started to sink or shift due to changing temperatures or moisture levels in the soil, we use steel foundation repair products. These piers are designed to lift heavy foundations back to their proper positions and keep them there by anchoring into deep, stable soils.
We also specialize in polyjacking (also known as foam jacking or slab jacking) to lift foundations. If the cracks in your foundation formed when voids opened beneath the concrete, polyjacking is a great solution. In this process, expanding polyurethane foam is injected beneath the concrete to fill in gaps that have led to slab settlement.
These repair options are highly effective at closing cracks in your home and guarding against crack formation in the future. Call “The Crack Guys” at Affordable Foundation and Home Repair to learn more about our crack repair solutions.