Guard your home against water intrusion by investing in an exterior waterproofing system by Affordable Foundation. Exterior waterproofing is designed to stop water from accumulating around the foundation. Since water takes the path of the least resistant, water can flow into your basement especially if you have cracks in your basement walls. Another way water enters is from concrete. Since concrete is porous, it absorbs water and evaporates moisture inside of the home. If you have moisture in your basement, let our team of experts install an effective exterior waterproofing system to protect your investment in the Huntsville, AL area.
Without exterior waterproofing, your basement can encounter major problems such as structural damage and foundation failure which can significantly reduce the value of your home. Wet basements can also cause health and respiratory issues due to mold exposure.
Exterior waterproofing consists of several components such as a waterproofing membrane, drainage board, drain pipe, sump pump and a drain pipe fitting. All of these components work together to create a long-lasting barrier against moisture and water leaks.
What are the Benefits of Exterior Waterproofing?
Exterior waterproofing offers unlimited benefits for residents in Tennessee and Alabama. Some benefits include:
- Keeps water from entering your basement walls. This also helps protect inside wiring, pipes, insulation and so on. In addition, waterproofing helps guard against mold growth.
- Safeguards personal belongings that are stored in basements
- Exterior waterproofing restores your home’s value, making it possible to resale.
- Prevents wood rot and termite damage
- Little to no disturbance to the inside of the basement
- Allows water in the soil to drain into the drain tile and reduce hydrostatic pressure along the basement walls
Don’t wait to get exterior waterproofing for your home. Contact Affordable Foundation today so we can save you money in the long run. We have the skills and experience to keep your home safe and dry for many years to come. We serve Huntsville, Birmingham and the surrounding areas. We also serve the cities of southern Tennessee including Fayetteville and Lewisburg. Contact us for a free estimate.