Years ago the only way to prevent moisture in crawlspaces was to pour concrete under a home that was already built. This method was expensive and difficult as well as ineffective because it didn’t fully address moisture issues caused by water seepage. In addition, concrete was porous causing cracks due to seasonal changes and soil-related issues. Now, we use mold remediation.
Mold Problems and Solutions
The air quality of your crawlspace affects the air throughout the home. If your crawlspace contains mold growth, then air will suck up the mold spores and moisture into your living area. This causes odors and allergens to be drawn up into the home. Luckily, we offer a more economical and effective solution for your crawlspace.
Crawlspace mold remediation is used for the following issues:
- High water tables
- Water intrusion caused by floods and heavy rains
- Water leaks from plumbing systems
- Excessive humidity and changing temperatures from inside and outside of the basement
- Clogged gutters
- Improper downspout extensions
- Poor drainage systems
- Poorly graded landscaping
- Poorly vented crawlspace
- No vapor barrier on dirt or soil flooring
Professional Mold Remediation Process
We use the following mold remediation materials:
Mold Remediation can keep your family healthy and safe. Here’s what you can expect:
- Removes contaminated materials: We remove basement mold in sheetrock walls, wall and ceiling insulation, lower moldings and fixed ceilings in high moisture situations. We also remove, contain, and dispose of porous and contaminated material.
- Destroy mold: Our mold remediation technology is used by fully trained technicians. We perform additional steps that most remediation companies skip, and that is treating the remaining porous ceiling and wall materials with a long-lasting, odorless fungicide. This fungicide is designed to penetrate the wood and kill mold roots.
- Prevent the re-growth of mold: We apply a long-lasting non-toxic anti-microbial sealer to the cleaned and treated surfaces to prevent mold re-growth. We also use a proper recommended de-humidification method to decrease moisture levels in your crawlspace.
Contact Affordable Foundation today if you have mold in your crawlspace. We are the crawlspace remediation team for the residents of Huntsville and Birmingham, AL. Contact us today for a free estimate.